HT MC Malaysian 40mins
Malaysian Name: Cucur Udang
Makes approx 14 Hot
Shellfish Seafood Vegetables Main Course Party
Food Buffet Dairy Free
Malaysia Asia Asian
2 Eggs, beaten
Salt and Pepper
150g/+5oz Plain Flour
175g/6oz Cooked Peeled Prawns (Shrimp), diced
25g/1oz Beansprouts, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch lengths
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Red Chillies, finely chopped
14 Small Prawns (in shell)
Oil for deep frying
1. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Place the eggs and water in a small bowl,
season with salt and pepper and beat together.
2. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre then pour
in the egg mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter.
3. Add the onion, chillies and diced prawns and mix well.
4. Half fill a metal ladle with some of the batter mixture, add some bean
sprouts then top up with little more batter.
5. Place one unshelled prawn on the top of the mixture in the ladle then immerse
the ladle into the hot oil and fry until the batter becomes firm and separates
from ladle. Continue frying until golden brown. Repeat the process until all the
batter is used up. You can start frying a new ladle’s worth whilst the first
fritter is browning.
6. Drain on kitchen paper then cut each fritter into 4 before serving.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |