with Pepper HT MC
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish Seafood Main Course
Dairy free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
900g/2lb Raw Prawns (Shrimp) with shells
480ml/16fl.oz. Olive Oil
3 Large Red Capsicums (Sweet Peppers), deseeded and cut into julienne
4 Garlic Cloves, sliced
1 Chilli Pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
Slices of French Bread to serve
1. Slit the prawns up the back with a sharp knife and remove the vein . Do
not remove the shells. Set aside.
2. Place 300ml/10fl.oz. of the oil in a frying pan together with the capsicum
and heat slowly over a low/medium heat. Cook very gently for about 10 minutes,
stirring frequently, until the peppers are very tender but not browned. Remove
from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the remaining oil in another frying pan together with the
garlic pieces and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring, until soft
4. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and add it to the peppers.
5. Reheat the garlic oil until hot, add the chilli pepper and the prawns and
sauté for a few minutes only, stirring, until they turn pink.
6. To serve - transfer the peppers and their oil to a shallow serving bowl and
arrange the prawns around the edges.
7. To eat - each diner helps themselves to a slice of French stick, dips bread
into the oil to soak it then piles some of the pepper mixture over the soaked
bread and tops with a prawn.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |