Psaria Plaki HT
MC Greek 25mins plus marinating
Serves 4 Hot Fish Main Course
1 x 1.2kg/2-1/2lb Whole Red Snapper,
The Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp freshly chopped Oregano
240ml/8fl.oz. Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Bay Leaf, crumbled
450g/1lb New Potatoes, sliced
6 Tomatoes, sliced
25g/1oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1 Lemon, sliced
1. Clean, scale and gut the fish but leave the tail and head on.
2. Make 3 diagonal cuts about 2.5cm/1 inch apart and 12mm/1/2 inch deep into
thickest part of fish then sprinkle with the salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, oregano, and black pepper
then press this mixture into the slits.
4. Oil a large shallow ovenproof dish with 1 tablespoon of the oil , lay the
fish in the dish, then brush with another tablespoon. Cover and leave to
marinate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Heat 60ml/2fl.oz. of oil in a
frying pan, add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add the crumbled bay leaf, parsley and garlic, mix well and remove from
7. Spread the onion mixture over the fish, then add a layer of potatoes then
tomatoes. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of oil over the top then sprinkle on the
breadcrumbs. Arrange the lemon slices overlapping down the centre and bake for
30 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |