Salmon with Caramelised Figs HT MC
Serves 4 Hot Fish Main
Course Dairy Free Eggless
2 tbsp Olive Oil
450g/1lb Onions, halved and thinly sliced
1 teasp Sugar
4 Salmon Filets or Cutlets
2 Fresh Figs, quartered
120ml/4fl.oz. White Wine
120ml/4fl.oz. Fish Stock
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp freshly chopped Rosemary
Salt and black pepper
Freshly chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large frying
pan but not too hot, add onions and turn to coat then sprinkle with the sugar,
cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to
time, until onions are soft.
2. Remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes, stirring often,
until onions are golden.
3. Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt and pepper, place on lightly oiled
baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
4. Add the figs, wine, stock, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper to the onions,
mix well, raise the heat to high and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce
5. To serve - transfer the fish to a warmed serving platter and spoon the sauce
over the top. serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.