Roast Sea Trout Fillets with Chive Sauce
HT MC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Vegetable
Herbs Spring Cooking Main Course Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
4 x 250g Fillets of Sea Trout, scaled
200g/7oz Crème Fraîche
4 tbsp Freshly chopped Chives
The Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7.
2. Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until hot then add the fish
fillets, skin side down, and fry for 2-3 mins until the skin is crisp.
3. Transfer the fish fillets to a baking tray, skin side up, place in oven and
cook for about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish
should feel springy when lightly pressed.
4. Place the crème fraîche, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small
mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
5. To serve - place the fish fillets on individual serving plates and add a
spoonful of the chive mixture, which will melt to create a sauce.
More Sea Trout Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.