Salmon and Sweetcorn Fishcakes HT
Serves 4 Hot Fish
Leftovers Convenience Foods Main Course
1 x 400g/14oz tin
450g/1lb cold Mashed Potato
4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
2 teasp Thai Red Curry Paste (optional)
1 Egg, beaten
75g/3oz frozen Sweetcorn Kernels, thawed
Salt and Black Pepper
3 tbsp Plain Flour
4 tbsp Olive Oil
Baby Salad Leaves, to serve
Extra Virgin Olive Oil to serve
1. Drain the salmon and flake the fish into large chunks, discarding the skin
2. Place the potato into a large mixing bowl add the spring onions, red curry
paste, egg and sweetcorn and mix well.
3. Add the flaked salmon, salt and pepper and mix gently, keeping
the fish as much in tact as possible.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 and using floured hands, form into cakes about
19mm/3/4-inch thick. Dust with flour on all sides, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the fish cakes, and cook
over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning them once, until brown and
crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. To serve - divide the salad leaves between 4 individual plates, place 2
fishcakes on each plate then drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over and
around the cakes and salad. Serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.