Sea Bream with Port
HT MC Portuguese 35mins
Portuguese name: Peixe Oporto
Serves 4 Hot Fish
Alcohol Main Course
Gluten Wheat free Portugal Europe
675g/1½ lb Sea Bream fillets
240ml/8fl.oz. Port Wine
1 teasp Sweet Paprika
2 Egg yolks
1 tbsp Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a shallow
2. Place the fish fillets in the dish dot with the and bake, uncovered, for 5
3. Add the port, lay a sheet of parchment or greaseproof paper over the top of
the fish and continue to bake for a further 15 minutes or until the fish is
4. Turn the oven off then strain the cooking liquor into a saucepan. Return the
fish to the oven to keep warm.
5. Bring the cooking liquor to the boil and boil rapidly for 4-5 minutes, until
6. Allow to cool a little then beat in the egg yolks and cream. Return to a low
heat and reheat very VERY gently. Do not bring to the simmering point.
7. To serve - pour the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |