Sea Trout with Rhubarb
HT MC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Fruit Herbs
Spices Main Course Eggless
75g/3oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
Grated Zest of ½ a Lime
2 teasp freshly chopped Parsley
2 tbsp Olive Oil
4 x 175g/6oz fillets of Sea Trout
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Star Anise
2 large sticks Rhubarb, finely chopped
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Mascarpone
1-2 teasp Caster Sugar
Salt and Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray with foil.
In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lime zest, half the parsley and pepper.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss to mix well.
3. Place the fish on the baking tray, season with salt and pepper, then press
the breadcrumb mixture gently over the top of the fish. Bake in the oven for
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining oil in a small saucepan add the onions and star
anise and sweat for 5-8 minutes until soft.
5. Add the rhubarb and cook for about 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft.
6. Add the water and allow to cook for a few minutes then remove the star anise.
7. Stir in the mascarpone, sugar, salt, pepper and remaining tarragon. Mix well
and heat gently over a low heat. Do not boil.
8. To serve - transfer the fish to a serving platter, drizzle a little of the
sauce around the fish and garnish with parsley sprigs. Serve the remaining sauce
separately in a sauce boat.
More Sea Trout Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.