Snapper with Crisp Vegetables
HT MC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish
Vegetables Main Course Eggless
1/2 teasp Cayenne Pepper
3 tbsp Olive Oil
450g/1lb Red Snapper Filets
100g/4oz Onion, chopped
100g/4oz Broccoli Florets
100g/4oz Carrots, sliced
1 small Red Capsicum (sweet pepper), cut into thin strips (julienne)
75g/3oz Green Peas
5 whole Cloves
A 5cm/2-inch Stick Cinnamon
2 Green Cardamom Pods
1 Bay Leaf
2 teasp freshly grated Ginger
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp Plain Yoghurt
2 teasp Lemon Juice
1. In a small bowl, mix together the cayenne and 1 tablespoon of the oil and
rub over fish. Cover and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the broccoli, capsicum, carrots and peas in a steamer or
in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Cover and cook for 5
minutes only until tender-crisp.
3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan, add the
cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf and cook, stirring, over a medium heat
for 1 minute until aromatic.
4. Add the onion and ginger and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until onion is
soft. Remove the cardamom pods, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon.
5. Stir in mustard then add the fish in a single layer and cook for about 2
minutes per side.
6. Stir in the yoghurt, season with salt and simmer over a low heat, stirring
constantly, for 3 or 4 minutes.
7. Mix in steamed vegetables and cook for a further 2 minutes until hot.
8. To serve - transfer the fish into a heated serving platter, spoon over the
sauce and vegetables and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |