Spiced Prawns with Almonds
HT MC Fijian 55mins
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil or Ghee
2 Bay Leaves
1 x 7.5cm/3-inch Cinnamon Stick
The seeds from 5 Cardamom Pods, crushed
675g/1-˝ lb large Raw Prawns (shrimp), shelled and
2.5cm/1-inch Fresh Ginger Root, grated
1 Onion, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbsp Plain Flour
3 tbsp Ground Almonds
600ml/20fl.oz. Coconut Cream
2 Green Chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
1 teasp Sugar
1 tbsp Lime Juice
Heat the ghee or oil in a frying pan, add the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamom
and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, stirring
constantly. Remove the prawns and set aside.
3. Reheat the oil then add the ginger, onion, and
garlic, and fry for 5 minutes, stirring.
4. Add the flour, almonds, and turmeric, and cook for 2
minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the coconut milk, chilies and sugar, mix well
and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Return the prawns to the pan, season with salt and
continue to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Stir in the lime juice then remove from the heat and
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.