Stewed Crab HT MC
Korean name: Gea-jorim
Serves 4 Hot Seafood Shellfish
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless Korea Asia Asian
2-3 Medium Whole Cooked Crabs
1 teasp Grated Root Ginger
4 Green Chilli peppers, halved and cut into 1-inch lengths
100g/4oz Spring Onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 tbsp Red Pepper Paste
2 teasp Soybean Paste
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Peanut Oil
1. Separate the claws from the crabs using a twisting motion and crack them with
a crab cracker or hammer, without removing the shells completely. This is so the
flavours can penetrate into the claws during cooking.
2. Place the bodies of the crabs on their backs then firmly pull the bodies away
from the shells (with the legs still attached).
3. Remove and discard the grey stomach sac and gills then cut the body part into
4 pieces. Set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
5. Place the crab pieces in a large saucepan together with the sauce, cover and
cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the crab is heated through.
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.