Stir fried Yabbies
with Ginger HT MC Australian
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish
Seafood Vegetables Main Course Dairy Free Eggless Australia Oceania
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 teasp Sesame Oil
50g/2oz fresh Root Ginger, cut into very thin strips
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
5 Shallots, sliced
240ml/8fl.oz. Fish Stock
1 teasp Oyster Sauce
1 teasp Hoisin Sauce
1/2 teasp Sugar
2 teasp cornflour (mixed with 1 tbsp cold water)
900g/2lb Cooked Yabbies or Tiger prawns, shelled
1 Fresh Chilli, very thinly sliced
1. Heat the oils in a large saucepan or wok until very hot, add the ginger,
garlic and shallots and stir fry 2 minutes.
2. Add the stock, sauces and sugar, stir well, cover and cook over medium heat 5
3. Add cornflour mixture, stirring constantly and cook for 1-2 minutes, until
4. Add the Yabbies, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve immediately garnished with the thinly sliced chilli.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.