Student Cod and Bean Stew
HT MC 30mins
1 Hot Fish
herbs Main Course Gluten Wheat free Eggless
tbsp Olive Oil
Onion, halved and thinly sliced
Garlic Cloves, very finely chopped
Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
x 200g/7oz tin Cannellini Beans, drained
1 teaspoon Dried Thyme or Mixed
Fish Stock or water
Salt and Pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add the onion and garlic and sauté gently
for 5 minutes until golden.
2. Add the chilli, cook for 1 minute then add the beans,
salt and pepper and bring to the boil, stirring.
3. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for
4. Stir the beans and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, reheat the grill to medium hot. Brush the cod steaks with oil, season
with salt and pepper and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked
6. To serve - place the bean stew on a serving plate then place the fish on top. Serve immediately.
Student Recipes |
Student Cooking |
Cooking Fresh Vegetables |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.