Student Salmon and Corn Fishcakes HT
Serves 1 Hot Fish Main Course
½ a 200g/7oz tin
100g/4oz cold Mashed Potato
1 Spring Onions, green and white part finely chopped
1 Egg, beaten
2 tablespoons Sweetcorn Kernels, thawed if frozen
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Plain Flour
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Drain the salmon and flake the fish into large chunks, discarding the skin
2. Place the potato into a large mixing bowl add the spring onions, egg, sweetcorn,
salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Add the flaked salmon and mix gently, keeping
the fish as much in tact as possible.
4. Divide the mixture into
2 and using floured hands, form into cakes about
19mm/3/4-inch thick. Dust with flour on all sides, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat some oil in a large frying pan, add the fish cakes, and cook
over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning them once, until brown and
crispy. Drain on kitchen paper.
Student Recipes |
Student Cooking |
Cooking Fresh Vegetables |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.