A Weekday Menu Recipe
Stuffed Flat Fish
HT MC 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Vegetables
Healthy Eating Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 large Mushrooms, sliced
225g/8oz Fresh Spinach, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
8 Flat Fish fillets e.g. Plaice, Sole, Flounder, Dab
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly oil a shallow
2. Heat the oil until very hot in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and
sauté for about 5 minutes or stirring occasionally.
3. Add the spinach, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes or
until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and drain off any excess moisture.
4. Divide the spinach mixture between the fillets, placing onto the wide end of
each then roll each one up to enclose the spinach mixture. Secure with wooden
toothpicks and place the fish rolls, seam side down, in the prepared oven dish.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of water, loosely cover with foil and bake for 15 to 20
minutes or until fish is cooked and opaque all the way through.
Serving Suggestions :
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |