Sour Tofu Salad
HT MC Cambodian 35mins
Hot Vegetables Main Course Dairy Free Cambodia Asia
2tbsp vegetable oil
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
450g/1lb Tofu, cubed
1 Onion, sliced
1 Carrot, cut into julienne strips
1 stick Celery, sliced
2 Red Capsicums (sweet peppers),
deseeded and sliced
225 g/8oz Mangetout, halved
225g/8oz French Beans, halved
4 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Ground Star Anise
1 teasp Cornflour
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok until very
hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, for a few seconds.
2. Add the tofu in batches and stir-fry over a gentle
heat, until golden on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3. Reheat the oil then add the onion, carrot, celery,
red pepper, mangetout, broccoli and green beans and stir-fry for about 2-3
minutes or until tender-crisp.
4. Add the oyster sauce, tamarind concentrate, fish
sauce, soy sauce, chilli sauce,
sugar, lemon juice and star anise and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Mix the cornflour with the water and add to the pan
together with the fried tofu. Bring to the boil and cook for a few
minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.