Bream en Papillotte HT MC
Alcohol Herbs Vegetables
Main Course Healthy Eating
1.3kg/3lb whole Bream, scaled and gutted
Freshly chopped Parsley
and Black Pepper
Olive Oil for
Dry White Wine
1. Wash the fish well under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen
paper. Set aside.
2. Melt half the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms, shallots,
parsley, salt and pepper and fry gently for a few minutes. Remove the vegetables
with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 230C, 450F, Gas Mark 8.
4. Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the fish. Melt
the remaining butter in the pan, add the fish and cook for 10 minutes on each
5. Meanwhile, brush a large piece of aluminium foil with oil. It should be
big enough to wrap the whole fish loosely.
6. Place the partly cooked fish onto the foil and stuff the cavity with
the cooked onion and mushroom mixture.
7. Sprinkle the white wine over the fish then make the foil into a loose
parcel, folding over all the edges well so as to contain the steam during
Place the parcel on a baking tray and bake
in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.