Brill and Vermouth Parcel HT
Hot Fish Alcohol Grains
Vegetables Herbs Pie Main Course
1 Onion, finely
1 tbsp freshly
Salt and Pepper
Lemon Juice to
1 Egg, beaten
1. Place the brill fillets in a shallow dish, pour over the the vermouth,
cover and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6 and lightly grease a
shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Transfer the brill and marinating liquid to the greased dish, cover tightly with
foil and bake
in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onions and
fry gently for 10 minutes until softened.
5. Roll out the pastry to a
large square, 5mm/ 1/4inch thick, trimming the edges
6. Drain the fish, reserving the cooking liquor, allow to cool a little
then flake the fish into
a large pieces.
Add to the onion mixture together with the parsley, cooked rice and
enough of the reserved cooking liquor to moisten. Season with salt and pepper
and mix well.
8. Place the fish mixture in the centre of the pastry square, brush the
edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg then bring all four corners to the
centre to form an envelope.
9. Make leaves or other decorations from the trimmings then brush the
envelope with beaten egg to glaze and
decorate with the trimmings. Brush the trimmings
with extra beaten egg.
10. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is
risen and golden
brown. Serve immediately.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |