Crab Cakes with Spinach HT
Course Britain Europe
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
Spinach, washed and
350g/12 oz Crab
Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Egg Yolk
Oil for shallow
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, add the shallots and garlic and
sauté for a few minutes, stirring until softened.
3. Gradually add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted then
remove from the heat and drain off any excess liquid, squeezing the spinach
to remove as much liquid as possible.
4. Remove the spinach from the pan and chop roughly.
5. Place the breadcrumbs and the cheese into a large mixing bowl together
with the crab meat and the cooked spinach. Add the egg yolk, season to taste
with black pepper and mix well.
6. With dampened hands, shape the mixture into eight patties,
approximately 7cm/3 inches in diameter and 2.5cm/1 inch thick.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and seal each patty, for
2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and place on a
tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times