Crispy Crab Cakes
HT MC 50mins
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish
Seafood Vegetables Main Course
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Capsicum (Sweet Pepper), chopped
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
Salt and Black Pepper
1 egg, beaten
25g/1oz Cornflakes, crushed
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the onion and pepper and
sauté until tender.
3. Drain the potatoes well, return to the pan and mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
4. Add the onion and peppers, crab meat, salt and pepper to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
5. Form into cakes about 7.5cm/3 inches in diameter and just under 2.5cm/1 inch thick. Dip in beaten egg then roll in the crushed cornflakes.
6. Heat some oil in a large frying pan, add the fish cakes and fry over a medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on
both sides. Serve hot.
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.