Devilled Sprats with Caper Sauce
Fish Spices Herbs Main Course
1 heaped teasp
teasp Cayenne Pepper
For the sauce
1 tbsp Red Wine
2 teasp Dijon
1 tbsp Capers, chopped
1 tbsp finely
1 tbsp Fresh
2 sprigs Freshly
Salt and Black
1. Clean the fish thoroughly by lifting the gills away from the body and
grasping the inner gills firmly between the thumb and forefinger. Pull sharply
discard the gill parts. Rinse well under cold running water and dry on
2. Pre-heat the grill to high and line the grill pan with aluminium foil.
3. Brush the sprats with a little of the mustard on all sides.
4. Mix together the rest of the mustard, sugar, breadcrumbs, cayenne
pepper and salt in a wide flat dish.
5. Roll the sprats in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it firmly on and
place in the lined grill pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil and grill for 2 minutes
on each side.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the
7. To serve - transfer the fish to a heated serving platter and serve the
in a sauce boat.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.