Herring with Spinach
Fish Vegetables Nuts
450g/1lb Herring Fillets
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
50g/2oz Frozen Spinach (thawed)
50g/2oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
25g/1oz Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper
25g/1oz Pinenuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish with a little butter.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the spinach, breadcrumbs and cheese and continue to cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Place each fillet onto a flat surface, skinned side down, and season with salt & pepper.
5. Divide the stuffing over each fillet, roll up and secure with a cocktail stick.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. To serve - sprinkle the chopped pine nuts over the fillets and serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.