Huss with Tomatoes in Wine
Fish Alcohol Main Course
4 Huss Steaks
- Rock Salmon)
Salt and Black
Flour to coat
3 tbsp Vegetable
1 Garlic Clove,
4 large Tomatoes,
2 tbsp Cognac
1 full tbsp Tomato Purée
Dry White Wine
1/4 teasp Cayenne Pepper
1. Wash and dry the huss steaks. Add salt and pepper to the flour and use
to coat the fish.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the shallot and garlic and
sauté over a medium heat until softened.
3. Raise the heat then add the fish and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
4. If using, heat the cognac in a ladle or small pan until warm then carefully set
it alight and pour over the fish. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, wine
and cayenne pepper and mix well.
Cover and simmer for 25 minutes over a very low heat, adding a little water if
5. To serve - transfer the fish to a serving platter, pour the sauce over
the top of the
and serve immediately.
More Seafood & Fish Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.