Weekday Menu Recipe
Skate with Browned Butter HT
Fish Herbs Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
4 portions of
Salt and Black
6 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Freshly
3 tbsp Capers
1. Wash the skate well, place in a large pan and cover with water. Add
Salt and 5
tablespoons of the vinegar, bring to simmering point
then cook gently for about 10 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, make the beurre noisette (browned Butter) by melting the
butter in a saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until brown but not black.
3. Add the remaining vinegar, pepper, parsley and capers and heat gently.
4. Drain the skate well and transfer to a warmed serving platter.
5. To serve - pour the beurre noisette over the fish and garnish with
parsley. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Preparation & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.