CD HD MC 10mins plus chilling
Chilean Name: Cebiche de Gambas y Ostiones
Serves 6 as a starter or 4 as a main
Cold Seafood Shellfish Fruit Vegetables
Appetiser Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Chile South American South
225g/8oz fresh Scallops
225g/8oz Small Raw Prawns, peeled
240ml/8fl.oz. Fresh Lime Juice
2 Chiles, deseeded and very finely chopped
1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Small Red Capsicum (sweet bell pepper), finely chopped
1 heaped tbsp freshly chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
2 ripe Avocados
Lettuce Leaves to serve
1. Place the scallops and prawns in a shallow glass dish together with the lime
juice, peppers, and salt, mix well then cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Add the onion, capsicum and coriander; to the seafood mix to combine well
then refrigerate for a further 30 minutes.
3. When ready to serve, peel the avocados, remove the stones, cut into small
dice and stir into the scallop mixture.
4. Line serving plates with lettuce and spoon the seafood mixture over top.
More Starter Recipes | Summer Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.