Jacques HT HD
Hot Seafood Vegetables Alcohol Hors d’oeuvre Starter
4 Large Scallops or 8 Small Scallops
90ml/3fl.oz. Dry White Wine
Salt and Pepper
8 Button Mushrooms, roughly chopped
25g/1oz Plain Flour
4 tbsp Single Cream
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
A Small amount Mashed Potato (Optional)
1. Place the scallops in a small saucepan together with the wine, water, salt
and pepper, bring to simmering point then cook very gently for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the Scallops from the pan with a slotted spoon, cut each scallop into
quarters and set aside.
3. Bring the cooking liquor to the boil and continue to boil rapidly until
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium sized pan, add the mushrooms and sauté
5. Add the flour, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes then gradually add the
stock, stirring constantly and simmer gently until the sauce thickens.
6. Remove from the heat, add the cream and mix well before adding the scallops
then cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes until heated through
7. Preheat the grill to hot. Lightly grease the deep halves of the scallop
shells if you have them or 4 small shallow flameproof dishes. If using mashed
potato, pipe it around the edges of the dish then divide the scallop mixture
between the shells/dishes. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and grill until golden
brown and bubbling.
A layer of hot cooked spinach can be placed in the shells before adding the
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.