Crab and Asparagus Salad
CD HD 15mins
Serves 4 Cold Shellfish Seafood Vegetables Herbs Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
12 Asparagus Spears
120ml/4fl.oz Mayonnaise (check ingredients)
2 teasp Dijon Mustard (check ingredients)
The juice of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp very finely minced Shallots
1 tbsp Capers, drained and chopped
2 Wild Garlic Leaves, finely chopped (Optional)
2 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
375g/13oz Fresh Cooked Crabmeat (white or white and brown meat)
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, cut about 5cm/2 inches
off the bottom of the asparagus. Once the water comes to the boil, add some salt
then add the asparagus and cook for 5-7 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, shallots, capers, wild
garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl, mix well, then
add the crab meat, fold together thoroughly and adjust the seasoning if
3. Once cooked, drain the asparagus, transfer to a large mixing bowl of very
cold water for 2 minutes to cool quickly, then remove from the water and pat dry
on kitchen paper.
4. To serve - Place three asparagus spears on individual serving plates and spoon the crab
mixture across the centre of the asparagus.
More Starter Recipes |
Crab Cooking, Prep & Information
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.