Edam and Salmon Omelette Wraps HT
Hot Fish Vegetables Herbs
by chef Lesley Waters, this omelette-style dish makes a great starter. The
Edam, salmon and dill dressing give it a real Dutch twist!
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp runny honey
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
½ lemon, juice only
2tbsp fresh dill, chopped
15g/½ oz butter
4 large free range or organic eggs
75g/2 ¾ oz Edam cheese (grated)
55g/2oz rocket leaves
125g/4 ½ oz smoked salmon
90g bag mixed baby salad leaves
1. Make the dressing by whisking the oil, mustard, honey, lemon juice and dill
together. Season to taste and set to one side. Pre-heat the grill to medium
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk briefly to break up. Add the rocket and
season to taste.
3. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan until foaming. Add the egg
mixture and sprinkle over Edam. With a wooden spoon gently stir mixture around
the surface of the pan. Cook until golden brown underneath. Place under the
grill until just setting on top.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the salmon over the top. Using a
palette knife, roll the omelette tightly and turn out onto a chopping board.
5. Arrange the salad leaves in the centre of 4 plates and drizzle with a little
of the dressing.
6. Cut the rolled omelette on the slant into 8 equal pieces and place on top of
the salad leaves. Drizzle over and around the remaining dressing and serve
• This dish is quick to cook so make sure you have all the ingredients ready and
prepared before you start.
• You could use smoked trout in place of the salmon or look out for gravid-lax
(marinated salmon) this would be equally delicious
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |