Maple Glazed Scallops
HT HD 25mins plus marinating
Serves 4 Hot Seafood
Pork Hors d’ouevre Starter Appetiser
Dairy free Eggless
120ml/4fl.oz. Maple Syrup
1 teasp Mustard
12 fresh scallops
6 slices Streaky Bacon
1. Place the maple syrup and mustard in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. Cut the slices of bacon in half widthways then wrap each scallops with a
piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
3. Place the wrapped scallops in a shallow dish, pour over the maple mixture,
turn to coat then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Transfer the bacon wrapped scallops to the grill
pan and grill for about 3 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining
marinade, until the bacon is browned and crispy. Serve immediately.
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.