HT HD Creole 50mins
Serves 4 Hot Seafood
Shellfish Vegetables Alcohol Herbs Starter Appetiser Hors d’oeuvre Eggless Louisiana Nth America North American
16 Live Oysters in their shells
275g/8oz Fresh Leaf Spinach, finely chopped
3 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley, finely chopped
4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
2 teasp Worcestershire Sauce
3 dashes Tabasco Sauce
1 teasp Pernod or Absinthe
2 tbsp Fresh White Breadcrumbs (approx)
1. Clean the oysters and place in a large saucepan with enough water to cover.
Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat and drain in a
2. Melt half the butter in a medium saucepan, add the spinach, parsley, and
onions cover and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring from
time to time.
3. Meanwhile, when the oysters are cool enough to handle, remove the top shell
off of each oyster then place the bottom half of the shells containing the
oysters in a grill pan which has been lined with aluminium foil. Set aside.
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco to the spinach mixture and cook for
a further 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
5. Preheat the grill to medium. Add the pernod or absinthe to the spinach
mixture and enough bread crumbs to thicken to a pastry consistency. Season to
taste with Salt.
6. Divide the mixture between the oysters in their shells then cook about 6
inches away from the heat source for 8 minutes. Raise the grill to very hot and
continue to grill until the oysters are browned. Serve Immediately.
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |