with Pancetta & Wild Garlic
HT HD 25mins
Serves 4 Hot
Shellfish Seafood Herbs Alcohol Hors d'oeuvre
Starter Appetizer Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
12 Live Razor Clams (in their shells)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
175g/6oz Pancetta , cut into small dice
12 Wild Garlic Leaves
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Wash the razor clams well under cold running water, discarding any that don't
close when handled, then place in a large saucepan together with the vermouth
and water. Bring to the boil over a high heat then cover with a tight-fitting
lid and cook for 2 minutes or until the clams have opened. Remove the pan from
2. Remove the clams from the pan then take the meat from the shells. Cut away
the dark sac then and cut the clams into three pieces. Set aside.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the pancetta and sauté for
2–3 minutes over a high heat, turning once in a while.
4. Reduce the heat, add the wild garlic leaves and reserved razor-clam meat,
season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic leaves are
just wilted and the clam meat is heated through.
5. To serve - spoon the razor clam mixture back into the shells and serve
More Starter Recipes |
Cooking, Prep & Information
More Spring Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.