Salmon and Cucumber Mousse CD
HD English 30mins plus chilling
4-6 Cold Fish Vegetables
Alcohol Hors d'oeuvre Starter
Appetiser Buffets England British Europe
275g/10oz Cooked Salmon, skinned and boned
1/4 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
2 teasp Powdered Gelatine
3 tbsp Dry White Wine
The grated zest and Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and White Pepper
1 Egg White
Cucumber slices, to garnish
1. Place the
salmon, cucumber, mayonnaise and spring onion in food processor and process
to a large mixing bowl and stir in the lemon rind, juice and seasoning. Set
3. Sprinkle gelatine over wine in a heatproof bowl, mix well then set the
bowl over a pan of very hot water and stir until dissolved.
4. Stir the gelatine into the salmon mixture in a steady stream, stirring
constantly. Blend well and set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until fairly stiff, then gently
fold into salmon mixture.
6. Turn into a
lightly oiled 600ml/20fl.oz. mould. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
or until set.
7. To serve - turn the mousse out onto a large serving platter and garnish with
very thin cucumber slices. Serve chilled.
More Starter Recipes | Summer Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.