HT HD Cambodian 40mins
Name: Kdam char umpil.
Serves 4 Hot seafood shellfish Hors d’oeuvre
Starter Appetiser Dairy Free
2 Fresh Crabs
1 heaped teasp Tamarind Paste
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
4 Spring Onions, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch lengths
1/4 teasp Black Pepper
1. Separate the claws from the crabs using a twisting
motion and crack them with a nut cracker or hammer, without removing the shells
completely. This is so the flavours can penetrate into the claws during cooking.
2. Place the bodies of the crabs on their backs then
firmly pull the bodies away from the shells (with the legs still attached).
3. Remove and discard the grey stomach sac and gills
but retain the reddish roe, then cut the body part into 4 pieces.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the tamarind, sugar,
soy sauce and fish sauce. Set a side.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok then add
the garlic, crab pieces and crab's roe and stir fry for a 5 minutes.
6. Add the tamarind sauce mixture and cook for 3-4
minutes, mixing well.
7. Add the spring onion and black pepper and stir fry
for a further 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.