Tod Man Plaa (fish
HD PFC Thai
Hot Fish Herbs Vegetables Hors d'oeuvre
Starter Appetizer Party food Buffets Dairy
Free Eggless Thailand Asia Asian
White fish fillets such as Cod,
Whiting, Pollack, Coley, Bream, Brill
3 dried Chilies,
1 tbsp Freshly
5cm/2 inch Lemon
½ tbsp Grated
½ tbsp freshly
½ tbsp Galangal,
Salt and Black
5 Kaffir Lime
Leaves, finely shredded
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
Beans, very thinly
Vegetable Oil for
1. Mince the fish and set aside.
2. In a mortar, pound
together the chilies, shallots, coriander, lemon grass, lime rind, galangal,
salt and ground pepper until blended.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the fish and mix well.
all the above ingredients in a food processor and process until well
mixed but not
4. Add the beans, kaffir lime leaves and fish sauce and knead with your
5. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 180C, 350F.
6. Divide the mixture into 12. Roll each portion into a ball
then flatten out each
7. Fry the fishcakes for until brown
on all sides. Remove and drain on kitchen roll. Serve hot with a dipping sauce.
smaller versions as appetizers for a party.
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.