Brill Pate CD
Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer
The juice of 2
3 teasp Anchovy
Salt and Black
1. Remove the skin and bones from the cooked Brill and flake the flesh
into a large
2. Add the breadcrumbs, salted melted butter, lemon juice, anchovy
essence, double cream, salt and pepper to the fish and mix well until smooth and
3. Transfer the pate to a serving dish, smooth the top, cover with Clingfilm
and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the unsalted butter in a small saucepan and allow to cool
5. Remove the pate from the fridge and pour the melted unsalted butter on
top of the set pate. Return to the fridge for at least 30 minutes, until the
butter has set and
formed a crust
. Serve cold with toast as a starter.
- this pate can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before use.
More Starter Recipes | Summer Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.