Marinated Sprats CD
Fish Herbs Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer Dairy Free Eggless
Italy Europe Mediterranean
Salt and Black
Vegetable oil for
1 Large Onion,
8 Fresh Sage
4 tbsp Red Wine
4 tbsp Water
1. Clean the fish thoroughly by lifting the gills away from the body and
grasping the inner gills firmly between the thumb and forefinger. Pull sharply
away an discard the gill parts. Rinse well under cold running water and part dry
on kitchen paper.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the fish well with the
3. Heat the oil in a large deep pan until hot, add the fish, a few at a
time, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, add the sliced onion and
fry gently until soft.
5. Add the sage, vinegar and water, bring to the boil and continue to
boil for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the fried sprats in a shallow serving dish and pour the hot
onion and vinegar mixture over the top. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool
place for 6-8
More Starter Recipes | Summer Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.