Kurzi Lamb HT
MC Indian 130mins plus marinating
Hot Lamb Main Course Curry Curries Gluten
Wheat Free Eggless Ind India Asia Asian
For the Marinade
1.1L/40fl.oz. Natural Live Yoghurt
3 tbsp Ground Cumin
3 tbsp Garam Massala
3 teasp Ground Coriander
2 teasp Ground Turmeric
3 teasp Chilli Powder
3 teasp Cayenne Pepper
The Juice of 3 lemons
6 Garlic Cloves- crushed
10cm/4 inches fresh Ginger Root, grated
A few drops of red food colouring (optional check ingredients)
1 Leg of lamb
Vegetable Oil for basting
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Place all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Remove the fat from the leg of lamb and make several deep cuts across the
meat using a sharp knife.
3. Place the lamb in a dish, pour over the marinade, forcing it into the
cuts, refrigerate and marinate for 24-60 hours, turning from time to time to
keep it coated.
4. After the marinating time, preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
5. Remove the excess marinade from the lamb and place the lamb in a roasting
tin. Pour over a little vegetable oil and roast for 2 hours, basting with the
oil every 20 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.