Mughlai Chicken HT
MC Indian 80mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry nuts Curry
Curries Main Course Ind Gluten Wheat Free
Eggless India Asia Asian
60ml/2 fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
900g/2lb Boneless Chicken Breasts, halved
2.5cm/1-inch Fresh Root Ginger
4 Garlic Cloves
50g/2oz Blanched Almonds
2 tbsp Water (approx)
2.5cm/1-inch Cinnamon Stick
2 Bay leaves
6 Cardamom pods, split
2 teasp Ground cumin seeds
2 Onions, roughly chopped
1 teasp Garam Masala
240ml/8fl.oz. Natural Yogurt
4 tbsp Double Cream
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chicken and fry on all sides until
2. Meanwhile, place the ginger, garlic, almonds and water in a food processor
and grind to a paste adding a little more water if necessary. Set aside.
3. Once browned, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Add the Cinnamon , bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and cumin seeds to the
remaining oil in the pan and sauté, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the bay
leaves start to brown then add the onions and continue to sauté for a further
3-4 minutes until golden, stirring from time to time..
5. Add the almond paste mixture to the pan and fry for 2-3 of minutes stirring
6. Remove the pan from the heat, allow the mixture to cool a little then
gradually add of the yoghurt a little at a time, stirring well between each
addition so the mixture doesn’t curdle.
7. Return the chicken to the pan together with any juices, season with salt and
Garam Masala mix well and cook over a very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring
from time to time.
8. Just before serving, stir in the cream. Serve hot.