Cardamom Rice Veg
Hot Vegetarian Grains
Gluten Wheat free Eggless
Ind India Asia Asian
400g/14oz Basmati Rice
720ml/24 fl.oz. Water
3 Green Cardamoms
teasp Saffron Strands, crushed
3 tbsp Milk
1. Wash the rice well then place in a
saucepan together with the water,
cardamoms, salt and cloves. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the saffron and milk
together with 1 tbsp of water in a small
saucepan and heat gently until warm but
not too hot. Set aside to infuse whilst the
rice is cooking.
3. After the 10 minutes cooking time,
test the rice: it should still be still quite firm
on the inside but soft on the outside.
4. Drain through a sieve then return it to the pan. Pour the saffron and it's liquid over the top of the rice, cover tightly then place over a low to medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. To serve - remove the pan from the
heat and leave to stand for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a warmed serving dish.
Rice Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.