Chapattis Veg HT
Vegan Bread Accompaniment
Dairy free Eggless Ind India Asia
175g/6oz Chapatti Flour
1/2 teasp Salt
Water to mix
A little extra Chapatti flour for dusting
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large
mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the
flour then start adding small quantities
of water (30ml/1fl.oz) at a time, until you
achieve a smooth elastic dough which
isn't too wet.
2. To make it easier, rub your hands with a little vegetable oil, then knead the dough until softish and pliable. Keep covered until ready to use.
3. To make the Chapattis - Divide the
dough into 6 then knead each portion well and shape into a ball, keeping the
remaining dough covered.
4. Roll the ball out on a floured surface to a circle
approximately 17.5cm/7 inches in diameter.
5. Heat a heavy frying pan or griddle and
when very hot, toast the chapattis on both
sides until browned, pressing the edges
down as it cooks.
one side of the cooked chapattis with a little melted butter and keep warm,wrapped
in foil, whilst you cook the remainder. Serve warm.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.