Chicken Balti HT
Hot Ind Curry
Curries Poultry Main
Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
6 Curry Leaves
¼ teasp Mustard Seeds
8 Tomatoes, sliced
1 teasp Ground Coriander
1 teasp Chilli Powder
1 teasp Salt
1 teasp Ground Cumin
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
450g/1lb Boneless Chicken, cut into
cubes no bigger than 2.5cm/1 inch
150ml/5 fl.oz. Water
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the curry leaves and mustard seeds and mix well.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, then add the ground coriander,
chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Raise the heat then add the cubed chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
5. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and sprinkle the sesame seeds and chopped coriander over the top. Serve immediately.
Naan Bread and
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.