Chicken Bhuna HT Indian
Ind Poultry Main Course
120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
2 teasp Garlic Paste
2 teasp Ginger Paste
200g/7oz Natural Yoghurt
1 teasp Cumin Seeds
1 teasp Coriander Seeds
¼ teasp Turmeric
1 teasp Salt
1 teasp Chilli Powder
675g/1½lb Boneless Chicken Breasts,
1 Large Onion
5 Tomatoes, chopped
Freshly chopped Coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the
garlic and ginger pastes and cook for 1 minute.
2. Reduce the heat and gradually stir in
the yogurt then add the cumin seeds,
coriander seeds, turmeric, red
chili powder and salt stirring constantly.
3. Add the chicken and
simmer over a very low heat until all the yogurt has been
4. Meanwhile, cut the onions into
2.5cm/1inch pieces then add to the pan and
cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serving Suggestions :
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.