Deccan Chicken Curry HT
Curries Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless
Ind India Asia Asian
1 Large Onion, sliced
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
2 Cardamoms, crushed
2 Cloves, crushed
5cm/2 inch stick Cinnamon
2 teasp Garam Masala
1 teasp Chilli Powder
4 large Chicken Joints, skinned
100g/4oz Tomato Purée
1/2 Fresh Coconut
Coarsely grated Zest of 1 Lemon to
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, garlic, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, garam masala and
chili powder and fry gently over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
2. Lower the heat, and leave to simmer very gently for a further 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, scrape out the white flesh of the coconut in as large pieces as possible, then slice them thinly and set aside.
4. Raise the heat then add the chicken and tomato purée and turn the chicken until well coated.
5.. Add the water and bring to the boil stirring and turning the chicken well then add the coconut slices, cover and simmer for 1 hour until the chicken is very tender.
6. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and garnish with the grated lemon zest. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.