Dum Arvi (Yams) Veg HT
Hot Vegetarian Vegan Vegetable
Curry Curries Gluten Wheat free Eggless
Ind India Asia Asian
(not sweet potatoes!)
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 small Onion, sliced
1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
1 teasp Ground Coriander
1/2 teasp Garam Masala
1/2 teasp Paprika
1 heaped teasp Salt
2 Green Chilies
Freshly chopped Parsley to garnish
Butter to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 4. Thickly peel the yams, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes, place in a colander and thoroughly rinse under cold running water. Dry well.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cubed yams and fry on all sides until golden. Transfer to a heatproof casserole which has a lid.
3. Add the onions to the pan and fry until golden brown, then add the ginger, coriander, garam masala, paprika, salt and
chillies and fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour the onion mixture over the yams, mix well, cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour until almost dry and tender.
5. To serve - place a few knobs of butter over the top of the yams, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.