Dum Ka Murgh (Chicken)
MC 90mins plus marinating
Hot Poultry Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Ind
4 Chicken Quarters, skinned
450g/1lb Onions, sliced
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
150ml/5fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
2.5cm/1 inch stick Cinnamon
1/2 teasp Black Pepper
1/2 teasp Chilli Powder
2 Green Chillis
1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
2 teasp Salt
2 teasp Desiccated Coconut
the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown. Remove from
the pan and set aside one quarter of the
2. Place the remaining three quarters of
the onion in a food processor or liquidiser
together with the yogurt, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamoms, chili
powder, chilis, coriander, ginger, salt and coconut and process until smooth.
3. Prick the chicken all over with a
fork, place in a large bowl and rub the
spice paste all over. Cover with clingflim and leave to marinate for 4 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas
5. Transfer the chicken pieces to an ovenproof dish together with the remaining onion and pour any remaining marinade over the top. Bake for 1 hour until tender. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.