Fish Molee HT Indian MC
Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Ind
India Asia Asian
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Garlic Clove, thinly sliced
3 Chilies, halved lengthways and seeds
1 teasp Turmeric
600ml/1pt Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Vinegar
450g/1lb thick white fish fillets, e.g.
cod, monkfish, haddock
A little Ground Ginger
Coarsely chopped fresh Coriander
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add
the onions and garlic and gently fry until
allow any of the ingredients to get too
2. Add the turmeric and cook for a
further 3 minutes over a very low heat.
3. Stir in the coconut milk and vinegar
and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut the fish into 2.5cm/1inch chunks then add to the pan, mixing well. Continue to cook over a low heat for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets, until cooked.
5. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with a little ground ginger and garnish with the coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.