Keema Capsicum HT Indian
Curry Curries Gluten
Wheat Dairy free Eggless Ind India
450g/1lb Green Capsicums (Sweet Peppers)
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
450g/1lb Onions, sliced
2 level teasp Salt
2 teasp Black Pepper
1/2 teasp Ground Cumin
2 teasp Garam Masala
A pinch of Ground Cinnamon
1 1/2 teasp Chili Powder
1kg/2.2lb Minced Beef
4 Tomatoes, sliced to garnish
1. Cut four or five rings from one of the peppers and reserve for the garnish. Cut the remaining peppers into 5mm/1/4 inch strips, making sure you discard any seeds.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the strips of pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the strips to a dish and keep warm.
3. Add the onions to the pan and cook gently until softened and golden brown then add the salt, black pepper and spices and cook gently, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Add the mince, mix well and continue to cook for 25 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Add the capsicum strips mixing well and cook over a very low heat for a further 10 minutes.
6. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with the reserved rings of capsicums and tomato slices.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.