Khat Mithi Gobi (Cabbage)
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegan Vegetables Accompaniment
Curry Curries Gluten
Wheat Dairy free Eggless Ind India Asia
120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
225g/8oz Tomatoes, chopped
100g/4oz Carrots, grated
1-1/2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
1 teasp Salt
1 1/2 teasp Cornflour
300g/11oz Firm White or Green Cabbage
1. Heat half the vegetable oil in a frying pan, add the carrots and
tomato and fry gently for about 5 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile, mix the cornflour with a little water to form a paste and coarsely shred the cabbage.
3. Pass the cooked carrots and tomatoes through a sieve and place in a small saucepan together with the vinegar,
sugar, salt and cornflour paste. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Keep warm.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan, add the shredded cabbage and stir fry over a hot heat for 5 minutes.
5. To serve - pour the sauce over the cabbage, mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.