Lamb Dopiazah HT Indian
Course Gluten Wheat free
Eggless Curry Ind
India Asia Asian
450g/1lb Boneless Shoulder of Lamb
4 tbsp Vegetable oil
450g/1lb Onions, thinly sliced
1 teasp Chilli Powder
300ml/10fl.oz. Natural Yoghurt
1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
1 teasp Salt
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 teasp Garam Masala
1/2 teasp Cumin Seeds
1. Cut the meat into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a
pan, add half the onions and fry until golden
brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan and
heat until very hot then add the meat and seal on all sides. Remove the meat
from the pan and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to medium, then add
the chili powder, yoghurt, ginger, salt
and remaining uncooked onion slices and
cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Add the meat, cover and simmer for 10
6. Add the crushed garlic, reserved
browned onions, cardamoms, garam masala and cumin seeds and mix well. Cover and
simmer for 30-40 minutes, adding a
extra water if the mixture seems to be drying out too much. Serve
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.