Lamb Madras HT
Curry Curries Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
Ind India Asia Asian
450g/1lb Lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, sliced
2 teasp Garam Masala
2 teasp Chilli Powder
75g/3oz Tomato Purée
3 Cardamoms, crushed
1 teasp Salt
The Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1. Heat the oil in a large pan until very
hot, add the meat and brown on all sides.
Remove the meat from the pan and set
2. Add the onions, garam masala and chili powder to the pan, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the meat to the pan together with
the tomato purée and cardamoms, stir well, cover and simmer gently for 30
minutes, stirring from time to time. Add a little water if the curry seems to be too
dry, however the sauce should be very thick.
4. Add the salt and lemon juice, re-cover
and simmer over a low heat for a further 15
minutes. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.